The basic information
The i-Pipette is an exciting new product that will be a benefit for any laboratory that needs to routinely perform pipetting operations onto microplates. Until now, the capabilities of an automated 96-channel pipettor have required price investments thatare out of reach for many labs. With the i-Pipette, now you can have the benefits of multichannel pipetting at an easy price point.
The i-Pipette is based on proven automated pipetting engineering from Apricot Designs. Apricot Designs has been continuously developing, improving and offering multichannel pipettors for more than two decades. Apricot Designs has always focused on flexible, affordable, compact, versatile, easy to use, and reliable solutions for the lab.
The i-Pipette uses Apricot Designs’ unique head design which employs high-precision manufacturing to produce reasonably- priced heads that are independent of the pipetting mechanism. The Apricot EZ-Load heads allow you to load disposable tips into the head quickly and easily, with no tools required. The user can clamp the pipetting head in a manner of seconds using a simple lever for the basic series or via push-button control for the pro series., allowing simple and easy set-up for the task at hand. For the most flexibility, the i-Pipette allows manual indexing of the pipetting head for accessing 384-well plates with a 96-channel version or for accessing 96-well plates with a 384-channel version (with 96-channel head), and also options for indexing for serial dilutions by column.
- Dispensing Precision <3% CV at 1 ul (96-125/384 version) <3% CV at 5 ul (96-500 version)
- Dispensing Accuracy +/- 2% at 1 ul (96-125/384 version) +/- 2% at 10 ul (96-500 version)
- Resolution 0.1 ul (96-125/384 version) 1 ul (96-500 version)
- Pipette Volume 0.5 - 125 ul (96-125/384 version) 1-500 ul (96-500 version)
- Dimensions 9”W x 14”D x 19.5”H 229W x 356D x 495 H mm (add 5.25"/135mm to width with iPod)
- Weight Approx. 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Power 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 HZ
- Operating Temperature 50 - 100 ºF
Function, characteristics and application of the instrument
Features and Benefits：
- Performs 12 times faster than an 8-channel handheld pipettor; pipette to all 96 wells without having to replace tips 12 times.
- Reduce the tedium and potential repetitive motion injuries that come with multiple hand-held pipettings with an 8-channel pipettor.
- Flexible design for liquid transfers and pipetting operations for 96 and 384-well microplates.
- Uses the unique easy-change head system from Apricot Designs, allowing the user to build a diverse head library with a reasonable investment. The heads are interchangeable with other Apricot pipettors.
- Uses the unique EZ-Load disposable tips for the simplest no-tool, no-pressure loading of tips.
- Easily controlled through a simple interface on the iPod Touch; requires minimal operator training and no external computer is necessary.
- Small footprint conserves bench space and fits easily into suitably-sized hoods.
- Includes manual indexing plate to allow work with 96 or 384 plates (use indexer to work with 384 plates on 96-channel pipettor or to work with 96 plates on 384-channel pipettor).
- Plate replication.
- Plate reformatting.
- Reagent addition.
- Compound addition.
- Serial dilution.